training to help people with speech and language problems to speak more clearly
P.O.P has a specialized team of therapists who treat infants, babies and children with developmental delays and various neurological, orthopedic and speech dysfunctions. Our team consists of pediatric occupational, physical and speech therapists, and an audiologist. Families are encouraged to be involved in their child’s therapy by participating in treatment sessions and working with the child at home.
What is a Speech Disorder?
Disorders of speech are characterized by difficulty in producing speech sounds correctly, omitting or distorting sounds, or difficulty with producing a few sounds with no pattern. Our therapist create a General Articulation Treatment Procedure that includes the following steps:
- Assess the client’s articulation skills
- Select the target speech sounds for modification.
- Prepare the materials for therapy (picture cards, worksheets, etc)
- Establish baselines with the client.
- Treat with different therapeutic approaches
- Train parents on strategies